This is my go-to taco seasoning mix. I usually make a really big batch and store it in the pantry. Use 2-3 tablespoons of mix per 1 pound of ground beef to make a great taco meat.It may seem a bit odd, but one of my favorite uses for taco seasoning is on enchilada chicken wings and taco pasta.
- 1/4 cup dried onions minced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt or less
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin ground
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flake or more
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. I prefer to then transfer it to a spice grinder and give it a little grind so the resulting mix is a little finer.
- To use, add 2-3 tablespoons to every 1 pound of ground beef, along with 1/3-1/2 cups of water.
- The mix will keep for up to a year in an airtight container in a pantry or closet.