Bacon goes with just about anything. And it definitely makes this bacon potato salad pop even more. Eating this potato salad is almost like eating a baked potato. In fact, I think the next time I make it I’ll add some cubed sharp cheddar cheese.
I kept the skins on the potatoes. I think it adds to the flavor (and makes it even more like a baked potato!). You do have to be careful (gentle) folding the ingredients together or you’ll lose most of the skins off of the potatoes.
Bacon Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow potatoes cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon
- 6 green onions sliced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 small jar pimento peppers drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and boil until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain well and let cool. Place into a large bowl.
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Drain and chop.
- Add the bacon, green onions, celery, and pimentos to the potatoes. Gently fold to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo and sour cream. Fold into the potato mixture. Season with salt and pepper.