This is the easiest, most fool-proof way I know of for cooking shrimp. Roasted black pepper shrimp come out tasting fantastic each and every time. You can serve them with cocktail sauce (I prefer Frog Bone’s Bayou cocktail sauce, it has a great kick to it). Or, on sandwiches, like my very good roasted black pepper shrimp po boy. Or, just pop them in your mouth as-is!
Roasted Black Pepper Shrimp
- 3 pounds fresh shrimp
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Rinse, drain and de-vein the shrimp. Place in a shallow baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes. Pour over the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Pepper shrimp until very well covered. Do not be shy with the pepper! Use a heavy hand!
- Bake until pink, approximately 5 minutes, then turn and bake a few minutes longer. Remove from oven and pepper again.