I had pretty low expectations when I set out to make this vegetable and meatball soup. I was very pleasantly surprised in the end. It came out very tasty despite being incredibly easy to make. This isn’t some fru-fru dish here. You’re not going to spend hours in the kitchen prepping for it. It’s not that kind of a thing.
I’ll definitely make this vegetable and meatball soup again! It’s perfect on a night when I just don’t have a lot of time to throw dinner together, but still want a filling meal.
For another a-little-different meatball recipe, try my Hawaiian BBQ meatballs with fried rice.
Vegetable and Meatball Soup
- 3 14 ounce cans beef broth
- 1 pound frozen cooked meatballs
- 1 15 ounce can Great Northern beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil granulated garlic, and dried oregano OR 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 10 ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup dried rotini pasta
- Combine beef broth, meatballs, beans, tomatoes, spices, and vegetables in a large pot or Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta and return to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue simmering for 10 minutes or until the pasta is done.