Well, these garlic ricotta stuffed mushrooms sure didn’t last long. We are both big fans of mushrooms, stuffed or not. You can make them in the oven or on the grill. They make for a great, easy side to whatever we might be cooking on the grill (or indoors). Sometimes we marinate them. Sometimes we stuff them. Either way, they’re fantastic.
These garlic ricotta stuffed mushrooms have a wonderfully creamy filling. They’re great as sides or appetizers. Or both. Substitute Creole seasoning for the salt and pepper and shredded pepperjack cheese for the Mozzarella for a twist with a kick!
Also try my crazy-good easy marinated mushrooms.
Garlic Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms
- 7 large white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons fresh shredded Parmesan cheese you can substitute Mozzarella or an Italian mix, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Alternatively, you can cook these on a medium-high heat grill. Just stuff the mushrooms and toss onto the grill until just tender.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Chop the stems along with one of the mushrooms (keeping the other 6 mushrooms whole).
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped mushroom and stems and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.Place into a medium bowl.
- Add the ricotta and 2 tablespoons of the Mozzarella cheese and stir to combine.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Spoon the mushroom and cheese mixture into the mushroom caps and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.