Great as sides or appetizers. Or both. Substitute Creole seasoning for the salt and pepper and shredded pepperjack cheese for the Mozzarella for a twist with a kick!
Also try my crazy-good easy marinated mushrooms.
Garlic Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms
Servings: 2 -3
- 7 large white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons fresh shredded Parmesan cheese you can substitute Mozzarella or an Italian mix, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Chop the stems along with one of the mushrooms (keeping the other 6 mushrooms whole).
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped mushroom and stems and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.Place into a medium bowl.
- Add the ricotta and 2 tablespoons of the Mozzarella cheese and stir to combine.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Spoon the mushroom and cheese mixture into the mushroom caps and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.