I was making our favorite tacos the other night when I decided I really wanted some sweet corn with them (along with some easy jazzed-up refried beans). I found a bag of the best sweet corn (from My Dad’s Sweet Corn in Tipton, Indiana) in the freezer and made this great Fiesta corn side dish. If you’re not lucky enough to have My Dad’s Sweet Corn, canned will do, but trust me… it’s not the same (but still good)!
Every summer I put up a huge batch of local fresh sweet corn for the winter. It takes a bit of work, but it is so worth it in the dead of winter. Nothing beats being able to have (almost) fresh corn when there’s a few feet of snow on the ground!
Serve this with my beef and bean burritos.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper diced
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn thawed (or 1 can sweet corn)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped (parsley also works just fine)
- Heat the oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers and saute until just softened.
- Add the corn, chili powder, and salt. Stir. Heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.