There’s no reason to have a lame side with dinner. I admit it, I spend most of my time concentrating on the main dish, with the side dish being just that… a side thought. I’m working to change that, and this tangy broccoli salad is a great example.
You can also make this tangy broccoli salad using cauliflower. Or get the best of both worlds and make my broccoli cauliflower salad! And my version of Martin’s broccoli salad is amazing too!
Tangy Broccoli Salad
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 3/4 light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Florets from 2 medium heads broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small red onion chopped
- Pinch salt
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble.
- Combine the mayo, sugar and vinegar in a large bowl.
- Stir in the bacon and remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.