Chef Bobby Flay has several Mesa Grill restaurants. We’ve not ever eaten at one, but hopefully someday we will. Fortunately, Bobby has posted some of the recipes from his restaurants. I made this Mesa Grill steak sauce the other day and I fell in love with it. I’ve had it on grilled burgers, a grilled ribeye, and some grilled bacon-wrapped pork loin (not all on the same day!). It’s my go-to steak sauce, and I didn’t used to use steak sauce at all!
This sauce really compliments the taste of the meat you serve it with. I cut way back on the horseradish, and added some hot sauce.
Mesa Grill Steak Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup horseradish note: I used 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- Hot sauce to taste (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl except the hot sauce and salt and pepper. Whisk together well. Add hot sauce and salt and white pepper to taste.
- Place in fridge for at least 1 hour. Let come to room temperature before serving.