Life’s Ambrosia is one of my favorite blogs to follow. Des is always making great looking and tasting food, from desserts to mains to sides, like these wonderful grilled potatoes with a chive sauce.Also try my grilled potatoes with mustard-garlic dressing.
Grilled Potatoes with Chive Sauce
- 5 medium red potatoes sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced chives divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning optional, I used Slap Ya Mama Hot
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and let cook until just tender, 3-5 or so minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Do not overcook, you don't want them to fall apart. Drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients (using only 2 tablespoons of the chives) in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the sauce. Dip the potatoes into the sauce and transfer to a hot grill. Grill over direct heat until browned, flipping once.
- Serve potatoes topped with reserved chive sauce and garnished with remaining fresh chives.