Something so simple… something so good! I made these mini ice cream sandwiches for July 4th. They only take a few minutes to throw together (plus add in some freezer time). They disappear in seconds.
I used smaller chocolate chip cookies. Of course, you could use bigger cookies and make these not-so-mini ice cream sandwiches.
Also make some homemade red velvet Klondike bars. They’re a bit more trouble but oh so worth it!
- Ice Cream (I used Edy's Crushed nuts, lightly toasted (I used my dad's pecans!)
- Slow Churned French Vanilla)
- Cookies (I used Chips Ahoy Chunky)
- Foil or plastic wrap
- Let the ice cream soften just a bit.
- Spread the nuts out on a large plate.
- Scoop ice cream on a cookie bottom. You want enough so that it just sticks out around the edges when you press the other cookie down on top of it. If you have to, run a knife along the edges to smooth them a little.
- Roll the edges in the nuts, pressing down slightly.
- Wrap in small pieces of foil or plastic wrap and return to the freezer for 10-15 minutes to harden.