I love Marguerite’s blog, Cajun Delights. I’m a big fan of food with great flavors (duh!) and a little kick. These Creole crab cake sliders are also very tender and juicy. Head on over to Cajun Delights and you’ll find plenty of great stuff!
You can serve these Creole crab cake sliders with or without the buns. I thought they’d make them a little different. Oh, and be careful when you flip the crab cakes in the pan. They’re very tender and can fall apart on you if you’re not gentle.
Looking for a heftier crab cake sandwich? Try my crab cake po’boys!
Creole Crab Cake Sliders
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Creole or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup green onion minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Creole seasoning to taste
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slider buns
- Creole remoulade
- Mix the mayo, mustard, bell pepper, green onion, parsley, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and Creole seasoning in a large bowl.
- Add in the crab meat and bread crumbs and combine gently.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Form the crab mixture into patties about 3" wide and an inch thick. Add to skillet and cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes, on each side.
- Serve on lightly toasted buns, topped with plenty of the remoulade.