I used to work in a sandwich shop as a teen. I don’t know how many sub sandwiches I made, but I’m sure it was in the thousands. It doesn’t take much to jazz up a simple sandwich. This Hoagie dressing is all you need. I didn’t have fresh herbs on hand, so I made this hoagie dressing with dried and it came out fantastic. The herby flavor really makes you forget about ever using bland mayonnaise on a sandwich again.
Keep a batch of this on hand in a squeeze bottle and never make another boring sandwich. Speaking of non-boring, check out my Italian hoagie.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large clove garlic grated
- 3 tablespoons red onion grated
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper minced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine the vinegar, basil, parsley, thyme, sugar, garlic, red onion, jalapeno and lemon juice.
- While whisking the mixture, slowly pour in the oil.
- Whisk in the mustard. Add salt and pepper and whisk until well combined.