You could probably throw whatever you have on hand into this penne pasta and grilled smoked sausage dish. Andouille. Hot dogs. Diced carrots. Jalapeno. It’s versatile, and better yet, it is rich and creamy.
I added some of Kernel Season’s Nacho Cheddar for extra cheesy kick. It’s a lot cheesier tasting than the cheddar French-fried onions the original recipe calls for.
Penne Pasta and Grilled Smoked Sausage
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of celery soup
- 1-1/2 cups French-fried onions divided
- 1 tablespoon to taste Kernel Season's Nacho Cheddar seasoning, divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cook pasta per package instructions. Drain well.
- Grill sausage and cut into 1/4" pieces.
- Combine the milk and soup in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl gently combine the French-fried onions and cheddar seasoning.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheddary French-fried onions, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella, and all of the sausage and peas.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Pour mixture into dish and spread out evenly. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese and bake, uncovered, 5 more minutes or until the cheese has melted.