This is my go-to Tzatziki sauce for gyros or just dipping with pita chips.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt plus a pinch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Peel the cucumber.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and scrape out all of the seeds.
- Mince the cucumber.
- Place cucumber onto a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle cucumber with a pinch of salt.
- Roll the plastic wrap up to make a tight log. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Cut or open one end of the bag and squeeze out as much of the accumulated liquid as you can. You want the cucumber to be as dry as possible.
- Add the cucumber to the sauce and fold to combine.