Boy, I love a good salad, and this loaded up southwestern Cobb salad was sure easy to love! Go nuts! Put anything you want onto it! We used our smoked turkey breast for extra yummy goodness!
Whenever I’m making Cobb salads for dinner, I walk through the product section at the grocery store and grab whatever looks good, and can be chopped. Then I add a protein or two (cubed chicken, ham or turkey always go well), and some crunch (bacon, crumbled chips, croutons). Canned beans are also a great addition to a Cobb salad. The end result is always fantastic.
Also check out my awesome smoked chicken Cobb Salad.
- Red leaf lettuce, chopped
- Green leaf lettuce, chopped
- Smoked turkey, cut into bite-sized cubes
- Bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1 can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can sweet corn, drained
- Radicchio, sliced thin
- Tomato, chopped
- Red onion, soaked in water for 10 minutes, then chopped fine
- Avocado, cubed
- Extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Blue tortilla chips, lightly crushed
- Line a platter with the lettuce and top with the remaining ingredients.