This is a great chipotle seasoning mix with a kickin’ southwestern flavor. I used it to make a creamy dipping sauce for chicken fingers, but it would work great as a rub too, specially on chicken.
Also try my homemade Montreal steak seasoning.
Servings 1 /4 cup
- 1 tablespoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon freshly ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients. Add more coriander, cumin and cayenne as desired. Each of them can overwhelm the mix if you aren't careful, so add them in small, but equal quantities.