Looking for a wing or chicken finger dipping sauce for your heat-loving friends? Well, here it is. This firecracker dipping sauce has a nice garlicky flavor. With smooth buttermilk. And a big kick from roasted jalapenos. The flavor is fantastic, but you will get the heat. Believe me. Adjust the heat by adding/removing more jalapenos.
I used 4 large jalapenos and the result was probably a little hot for the average person. Actually, not “probably”… it was hot. Sometimes you get really hot peppers and sometimes they aren’t quite as hot. That’s why it is good to taste as-you-go.
For a somewhat tamer dipping sauce, check out our Buffalo wing dipping sauce. It still has a kick, but your heat-fearing friends will find it to still be fantastic. Also try my copycat of Chick-fil-A’s chicken finger dipping sauce or my chili dipping sauce.
Firecracker Dipping Sauce
- 4 jalapenos stemmed and seeded (if desired)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Roast the jalapenos on your grill or under your broiler. Let cool slightly then remove the stem and seeds. Mince the peppers.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.