If you’re looking for a big ole pot of taco-inspired soup, look no further. It’s almost like a chili. And almost like a stew. But it tastes like a big bowl of taco.
Also try my fantastic refried bean soup.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 25 minutes
Servings 8 -12
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium white onions diced
- 2 15 1/2 ounce cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 1/4 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can Stewed tomatoes
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can tomatoes with chiles (Rotel works fine here too)
- 1 8 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 4.6 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 package taco seasoning mix or use 3 tablespoons of our homemade mix
- 1 1 ounce package ranch salad dressing mix
- Garnishes Fritos corn chips, tortilla strips, shredded cheddar, green onion, jalapenos, sour cream, guacamole... whichever you prefer
- Lightly brown the ground beef in a large pot or Dutch oven. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the onion and continue cooking until just starting to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients except garnishes and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with desired garnishes.