Everyone’s seen them. Everyone’s had them. The key to really good appetizer meatballs? The BBQ sauce. And good meatballs too of course. I had some leftover pre-made meatballs, so that’s what I ended up using. The sauce has to be sweet-and-sassy. I want some bite behind that kiss. Know what I mean?
We’re big fans of Grandma Foster’s sauces. The smooth & spicy has just the right amount of kick, and is perfect on ribs, pulled pork… and in these appetizer meatballs! If you don’t have Grandma Foster’s where you’re at, our second-best (and it’s a very close second) is Weber’s Kick’N Spicy BBQ sauce. You can find it at your local grocery store.
Sweet-and-Sassy Appetizer Meatballs
- 1 16 ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 20 1/2 ounce bottle Grandma Foster's Smooth and Spicybarbecue sauce
- 2 1 pound packages frozen cooked meatballs, thawed
- Add cranberry sauce and BBQ sauce to a large pot over medium heat. Cook until the cranberry sauce is melted, stirring often.
- Add the meatballs and cook until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- I served these in a fondue pot to keep them warm, but a crockpot also works well.