Yep, it tastes just like the stuff you get for your nuggets at the fast food chain. We made a batch of this McDonald’s sweet and sour sauce for dipping some homemade chicken nuggets.
McDonald's Sweet and Sour Sauce
Recipe type: Sauce
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- ¼ cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 5 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon lite soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place all ingredients except the water into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and continue simmering until thickened.
- Serve warm for dipping.