Yep, it tastes just like the stuff you get for your nuggets at the fast food chain. We made a batch of this copycat of McDonald’s sweet and sour sauce for dipping some homemade chicken nuggets. As a teen, and when I was in college, I ate my share of McDonald’s chicken nuggets. I always had them with the sweet and sour sauce, and I wasn’t shy about dipping either. Times have changed. Now I make my own nuggets and sauce.
McDonald's Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 5 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lite soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place all ingredients except the water into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and continue simmering until thickened.
- Serve warm for dipping.