It might seem a bit unusual to add Fritos to a great corn salad, but trust me, chili cheese-flavored Fritos add a great flavor (and crunch) to this dish. Don’t worry if you only have ‘regular’ Fritos on hand, they work great too… just add a pinch of cayenne or chili powder to add some kick. You’ll be making this chili cheese Frito salad again and again. The crunch from the chips, onion and peppers offset the sweet creaminess of the corn.
I used corn from My Dad’s Sweet Corn, located just north of Indianapolis in Tipton, Indiana. They have outstandingly good sweet corn which can be found at most of the farmer’s markets around Indianapolis.
Also try my jalapeno popper grilled corn salad.
- 3 (14 ounce) cans of corn, drained (I used 5 cups of local sweet corn)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chili cheese Fritos
- Combine all but the Fritos and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, combine a few Fritos with the salad. Garnish with more Fritos.