Next time you need chili seasoning, don’t reach for a packet, just make a batch of this copycat version.
Omit the flour if you are using something else as a thickener, such as refried beans.
Also try my homemade chipotle seasoning.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flake
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients.
- Two tablespoons equals one packet.