I love refried bean burritos. But, I am usually ‘tortilla rolling’ challenged. Half the time my burritos fall apart. Well, Old El Paso has come to my rescue with the introduction of Stand ‘n Stuff shells. These shells are soft, unlike hard tacos, just like a flour tortilla and are shaped like little boats. As soon as I saw them I thought Stand ‘n Stuff refried bean burritos!
If you can’t find the shells for Stand ‘n Stuff Refried Bean burritos, just use flour tortillas instead. Warm the tortillas just slightly before filling and wrapping. Hopefully you’ll have better luck rolling and folding them than I do!
Stand 'n Stuff Refried Bean Burritos
For the burrito filling
- 1 30 ounce can refried beans
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cholula hot sauce or your favorite, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 package 8 total Old El Paso Stand 'N Stuff Soft Taco shells
- Your favorite toppings guacamole, chopped tomato, black olives, hot sauce, chopped lettuce, etc
- Place the beans in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Add in the seasonings and hot sauce. Bring to a simmer, stirring. If the mixture is too thick add just a little bit of water.
- Add in the rice and heat, stirring, until warmed through.
- Heat the Stand 'N Stuff shells per package instructions.
- Serve 'burritos' with burrito mixture, topping with your favorite toppings.