These chorizo fried potatoes are so good you almost don’t need anything else with them. I had a batch with breakfast, but you can also use them in tacos or tortillas – just add a little shredded cheese!
Chorizo Fried Potatoes
Great as a side or on tacos or tortillas.
Servings: 4 -6
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 pound red potatoes cut into 1/4" dice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and boil until starting to get tender. Remove and drain.
- Crumble the chorizo into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until browned.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the chorizo drippings. Add in the onion and potatoes and cook until the onions are tender and the potatoes are starting to brown (I like mine with crispy edges).
- Add the chorizo back to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.