I’m always on the lookout for a new salad, specially if it has macaroni in it. This three bean macaroni salad is somewhat similar to our popular peas and pasta salad in that it has a nice creamy dressing and a nice crunch thanks to onion and bell pepper. The addition of dill really makes the dressing even better.
Also try my regular-ole-macaroni salad. Classic flavor in every bite.
Three Bean Macaroni Salad
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni pasta
- 1 can 15 1/2 ounces cut green beans, drained
- 1 can 15 1/2 ounces kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can 15 1/2 ounces Great Northern beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 8 ounces Pepper Jack cheese cubed
- Cook pasta per package instructions. Drain well and let cool.
- Place all of the beans, the bell pepper and onion in a large bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and Italian dressing.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and stir to combine.
- Add in the pasta and the dill and stir until the pasta is well coated.
- Add cheese and stir gently.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.