I ended up with leftover Vidalia onion after I made bacon wrapped Sriracha onion rings the other day. Vidalia onions are a great thing. A marvelous thing. While they are in season I grab as many as I can, and use them in everything. Like this fantastic Vidalia onion dip. This dip may look like any other dip but it isn’t. Sure, it’s got cheese. And some creamy mayo. But it’s the onion that makes it something special and something different.
For a little twist, caramelize the onions in a bit of oil first.
Vidalia Onion Dip
- 2 cups chopped Vidalia onion
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of cayenne to taste
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and pour into the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour or until bubble hot and lightly browned on top.
- Serve with crackers or salty pretzels.