Sloppy, dripping, spicy good. That’s really all you need to know. The best dogs, like a grilled San Antonio hot dog, make a big mess. Same goes for sandwiches and burgers, come to think of it.
Love hot dogs as much as I do? Check out my free eCookbook that is packed with tons of hot dog recipes.
- All beef hot dogs, slit (not split) lengthwise
- Cooked chili, warmed
- Nacho cheese sauce
- Pickled jalapenos
- Grill the hot dogs as desired.
- Place dogs on buns and top with chili. Lots of chili.
- Spoon cheese sauce over dogs. Don't be shy with it. These are going to be messy to eat. There's no point in fighting it.
- Add pickled jalapenos to taste.