This isn’t a big-to-do, fru-fru, fancy pizza sauce. It doesn’t have wine or fresh basil or whatever. It isn’t like our favorite homemade sauce that takes a little effort (and a lot more ingredients) to throw together. Everything that goes in it is probably already in your pantry… hence the name, pantry pizza sauce.
It takes a little more time, but also try my house pizza sauce.
Pantry Pizza Sauce
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 6 ounces warm water
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons honey add 1 tablespoon, taste, and add more if desired
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste you don't have to add it, but I recommend it
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 or more teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Break up any clumps of cheese and let the mixture set, at room temperature, for 30 minutes before using.