You don’t need to buy the expensive version of this great cheese. You can make homemade Boursin-style cheese with items you probably already have on hand.
Homemade Boursin-Style Cheese
Servings 3 cups
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano leaves crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry basil leaves crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry dill weed crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry marjoram leaves crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme leaves crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry chives
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and whip with a handheld mixer until smooth and fluffy. You can also do this in a blender or food processor.
- Keep in the fridge and use within a few weeks.