Normally, when I run across a recipe that I want to make, I add my own twist to it. That’s not the case with this gotta-have-it garlic bread recipe from Aaron McCargo Jr. I wish he’d do more shows for the Food Network. This is truly a fantastic garlic bread recipe. It has lots of great flavor, including a hint of heat.
This is the only garlic bread I’ll make from now on, although my traditional cheesy garlic bread is pretty normal. The search is over.
PS: The spread on this bread is incredibly yummy. I’m now trying to find a way to incorporate it into a po boy, in some way…
Gotta-Have-It Garlic Bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch red pepper flake
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 large loaf French bread split horizontally
- Whisk together all ingredients except the bread.
- Preheat the broiler on your oven.
- Spread the mixture over the cut side of each piece of bread. Do not be shy, load up the bread with the yumminess.
- Place bread on a baking sheet and place under the broiler until it is golden browned and crispy.
- Slice and serve.