I made a big ole batch of Hot Mess Cheeseburgers the other day, They were topped with a crazy good cheese mix that includes peppers and hot sauce among other great things. Those cheeseburgers got me to thinking that the same topping would be just as great on a weiner. The logical next thing to do was make Hot Mess hot dogs!
I used Louisiana Hot Sauce when I made the Hot Mess hot dog cheese mixture. I love that stuff. It has a great spicy flavor and just the right amount of heat. But, if you prefer more heat add in a minced jalapeno or two.
Hot Mess Hot Dogs
For the hot dogs
- 4 large hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
For the cheese topping
- 1 cup of your favorite shredded cheeses we used sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, and Mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons or more chopped pimento peppers
- Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste
- Combine all of the cheese topping ingredients.
- Grill the dogs and toast the buns as desired.
- Place dogs on buns and top with cheese topping. Return to grill and let cheese melt.
- Sprinkle dogs with extra hot sauce if desired.