I’m a big fan of anything in a packet, from breakfast to dinner and anything in-between. These Lumberjack breakfast packets are further proof that a meal-in-a-packet can be absolutely fantastic. From sausage links to potatoes, eggs and cheese, each bite gives you a full breakfast taste. Anything and everything would be good in these. Substitute ground pork sauce for the links. Or even ham. Add jalapenos for some kick, or just serve them with hot sauce on the side. Anything goes (and is good) in these packets.
You can make these packets ahead of time. They’re perfect for a camp-out, or an early morning grill at a local park. For a meal-time packet try my grilled Kielbasa dinner packets.
Lumberjack Breakfast Packets
- Vegetable oil
- 1 russet potato cubed (or 1/2 cup substitute pre-made hashbrowns, or leftover fried potatoes)
- Salt and pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 3 link sausages
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 medium tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- Your favorite shredded cheese
- Preheat your grill for 350 degree cooking (I used a charcoal grill and cooked indirectly, not directly over the hot coals)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cayenne, to taste.
- Do not stir the potatoes. Let them cook until browned on one side.
- Flip, season, and again, do not stir. Let cook until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Tear off a large piece of foil and fold it in half to make it stronger. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Add meat to foil first.
- Next, add the cooked potatoes.
- Crack eggs over the top next.
- Add the tomato, green onion and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold up the edges and seal the packet.
- Place onto the grill over indirect heat and cook 15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked.