Usually, a quick grilled dinner at our house consists of some burgers or dogs, with a side and a salad. But sometimes, I like to throw together a just-as-easy meal-in-a-packet, like these grilled kielbasa dinner packets. Everything’s in there. Just assemble (you can put them together the night before) and toss onto a grill over medium heat until the vegetables are tender. Adding rosemary really takes this from a rather mundane dish to something a little more special. Next time, though, I’m adding chopped bell pepper or poblano for a little crunch.
If you’re looking to cook up a great breakfast in a packet try my lumberjack breakfast packets.
Grilled Kielbasa Dinner Packets
- 1 pound cooked kielbasa cut into 1/2" - 1" thick slices
- 4 medium red potatoes chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary roughly chopped (or use 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed)
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Fire up your grill for medium-heat (350 F) grilling.
- Tear off a large sheet of foil.
- Place sausage, potatoes, bell pepper (if using) and onion in center of foil.
- Drizzle with oi and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Fold up the edges of the packet and seal.
- Place onto grill and cook 30 minutes or so until the potatoes are tender.
- Be careful opening the packets as hot steam will get trapped inside.