There are a lot of variations on pimento cheese. What really sets this version apart from others is the addition of smoked paprika and celery seed. The two flavors take a somewhat regular tasting salad to a whole new happy place. If you don’t have a lot of spare time but still want a tasty spread, this is it.
Anita’s mom made a fantastic heese salad that everyone loved. This isn’t that, unfortunately. Hers just can’t be duplicated no matter how hard we try.
Easy Pimento Cheese
- 1/2 pound shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 4 ounce jar diced pimentos, not drained
- 1/2 red onion small diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground celery seed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Your favorite bread
- Mix all but the salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate at least an hour to let flavors blend.
- Serve on bread.