This is my take on grilled Mexican corn. Normally, you season the corn-on-the-cob with cayenne pepper, but I prefer something with a little more flavor (but still have some heat). Steven Raichlen’s fire-eater rub is the perfect mix for this corn (and wings, and steak, and just about everything you make!).
This could easily wind up being my favorite way to cook corn-on-the-cob. Creamy butter and cheese with a nice spicy kick. Very, very good and so easy! If you don’t have Cotija cheese, substitute queso blanco or crumbled feta.
- Corn on the cob, whole or halved
- Unsalted butter
- Lime juice
- Cotjia cheese
- Fire-Eater rub
- Tear off a few pieces of foil (more or less, depending on how much corn you're cooking).
- Place the corn on the foil. Add a small pat of butter over each.
- Drizzle with freshly squeezed lime juice and top with crumbled cheese.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of rub.
- Seal foil into packets and place on grill over medium-high heat for 15 minutes.