This is my go-to stuffing for a whole lot of dishes. I use pork chorizo stuffing in baked potatoes, on grilled potato skins, in stuffed mushrooms, dips, omlets, you name it. It’s very versatile and very tasty. It has just enough spicy kick to it but not so much as to overwhelm no matter how I use it.
Here are my tasty mushroom caps with pork chorizo stuffing. Grilled on a cedar plank for even more outstanding flavor.
Pork Chorizo Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sweet onion diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds ground pork crumbled
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo crumbled
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the crumbled pork, chorizo, cumin and paprika and cook until the meats are done.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.