I’m always on the lookout for a good sauce for dippin’. Ya know, dippin’ chicken tenders… or fries… or onion rings… or corn dogs… or shrimp! Something with some kick. Like this Delta dippin’ sauce.
This sauce is nice and creamy smooth. Not too thick so you don’t get a big gloppy mess on whatever you’re dippin’. It’s a little thin for burgers, but so tasty, so if you want to make a batch for burgers (and you will want to), leave out some if not all of the vegetable oil.
This sauce is a copycat of a sauce by the same name that was available at Popeye’s, but it was discontinued back in 2011 (it was a regional thing). I wouldn’t have taken it off the menu, that’s for sure!
Also try my mango basil dipping sauce.
Delta Dippin' Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon or more hot sauce (I used Louisiana Hot Sauce)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Combine all ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Refrigerate one hour before serving.