I love using cocktail sauce for dipping boiled or grilled shrimp. When I don’t make my own I grab a bottle or two of Frog Bone’s Bayou Cocktail sauce. But there are times when you want something different. A different flavor than cocktail sauce, something fruity. Something without horseradish.
This mango-basil dipping sauce is different. It has a fantastic tropical flavor, making it perfect for shrimp.
You can make other variations of this great mango-basil dipping sauce simply by substituting other fruits for the mango, such as papaya or pineapple. If you want a little kick to your sauce, add a bit of hot sauce (preferably something fruity, like a habanero sauce) or even some red pepper flake.
Also try my Delta Dippin’ sauce. It’s mighty yummy too!
Mango-Basil Dipping Sauce
- 2 small mangoes peeled and chopped
- Zest of 1/2 lemon plus 1 teaspoon of the juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- White pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons dried basil crushed
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.