I looked up ‘guacamole’ on Wikipedia. Why? I wanted to see if just adding a spice mix to smashed avocados actually qualifies as ‘guacamole’. And yes, it does. This guacamole spice mix is a great substitute for fresh-made guacamole.
The great thing about this mix is that it uses items right out of my pantry. Ready to make at any time. Easy and fast, and great on a hot dog (I love the contrast of the cool guacamole and a warm dog!) or as a dip for warmed tortilla chips. And it has some kick to it (it has to if I’m going to eat it). If you love guacamole, you’ll love this spice mix. If you happen across some Hatch chiles, make my spicy green chile guacamole!
Also try my dry onion soup mix.
Guacamole Spice Mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients and store in an air-tight container.
- To make guacamole add 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons of mix, to taste, to mashed avocados and combine.
- (Optional) Add diced Roma tomatoes and the juice of half a lemon
- Serve immediately.