It’s not like you have to have a spiralizer to make pretty salads, but it sure does help. And it’s fast and easy. This spiralized radish salad took only minutes to make. It tastes very much like a slaw, with a great radish crunch and a perfect citrus vinaigrette.
This was my first time spiralizing radishes. I was afraid it wasn’t going to work, but they came out perfectly. First, you have to start with big radishes. No wimpy long thin ones. Second, you need to make a shallow cut down each radish. If you don’t you’ll end up with one really long radish spiral that goes on and on and on. Then, just cut off the ends, insert into your spiralizer, and get to turning!
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound large radishes, spiralized (make a thin slice down the sides of the radishes first so that you don't get one long spiral radish) or sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the orange and lime juices, olive oil and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Toss to coat before serving.