Well, my goodness me! There’s good and then there’s crazy good. These Fire-Eater Saltines are definitely crazy good. A good healthy amount of spicy kick on a crunchy yummy cracker. That’s all you’ll need, trust me. Yes, you could slather a bit of cream cheese on them too, but I found them addicting enough just as they are.
There’s really no need to make just a single batch of Fire-Eater Saltines because a lil ole sleeve just isn’t going to be enough, that’s for sure! And if you don’t like the heat, just substitute your favorite (milder) seasoning.
- 1 sleeve Saltine crackers low-salt work just fine
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Fire-Eater seasoning
- Place crackers in a large resealable bag or container.
- Pour in the oil.
- Sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Seal and gently toss to coat.
- Let sit (on the counter) for 12 hours to get 'happy', tossing gently every once-in-a-while.
- Serve as-is or with cream cheese for topping.