I love a good hot dog. Easy to make, fun to eat. Stuff has to fall off while you’re eating it. That’s the sign of a great hot dog (actually, it’s the sign of good food, period). This Jersey City hot dog combines some of the best things you can have: spicy BBQ sauce, smoked bacon, onion, and of course… cheese. A little crunch and a little kick. Perfect!
I used some of my homemade applewood-smoked maple bacon on these Jersey City dogs. Wow, what a great combination of flavors. Don’t skimp on the bacon. Life’s too short for tasteless cheap bacon. I didn’t go wimpy on the BBQ sauce. Nope, I used my favorite Bayou BBQ Cajun sauce from Frog Bone. It’s a nice thin sauce with great spice and kick.
Also try my Memphis-style BBQ hot dogs.
Jersey City Hot Dog
- All-beef hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- Spicy BBQ Sauce I used Frog Bone Bayou BBQ Cajun Sauce
- Shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- White onion chopped
- Cooked bacon crumbled or chopped
- Cook or grill your dogs as desired.
- Warm buns.
- Add dogs to buns and top with BBQ sauce and cheese. Place under broiler just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Add the onion and bacon and serve.