I was perusing the spice section at our local GFS store when I spied a big container of Buffalo-style seasoning. Yeah, like I’d pass up on anything wing-related. I grabbed a bottle and stopped by my grocery store and picked up a family pack of fresh chicken wings. I was going to make wings. Great wings. Buffalo Ranch wings.
Dry wings really bring out the flavor of the wing and the seasoning. They aren’t buried in sauce so much that that’s all you can taste. Now that doesn’t mean I’m shy with the seasoning, but I am careful that I can still taste the chicken. These wings are absolutely fantastic, with that traditional Buffalo wing flavor, but without the mess. If you don’t have a GFS in your area you can find other brands of Buffalo style seasoning in your grocer’s spice section.
Also try my smoky chipotle dry wings.I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Buffalo Ranch Dry Chicken Wings
For the wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings separated
- 2-3 tablespoons or more, to taste Buffalo wing seasoning (not sauce!), divided
- 2 tablespoons Ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the wings
- Place the wings into a resealable bag or container.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the Buffalo wing seasoning and the oil.
- Seal and shake well to coat.
- Let wings marinade for 1-3 hours.
- Transfer cooked wings to a bowl and sprinkle with the remaining Buffalo wing seasoning and also the Ranch seasoning.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.