I’ve been jonesin’ really bad for a really good burger. A loaded burger, with lots of spicy kick to it. So I fired up my grill and proceeded to make a big ole chili crunch burger. Spicy chili. Crunchy chips. Sweet onions. Hot jalapenos. All topped with fiery habanero cheese. Yeah, baby, spicy messy burger time!
There is nothing but goodness in every bite of this chili crunch burger. Chili and yummy burger juices will run down your arm. Melted cheese will drip onto your plate. That’s why you want to keep a few extra Fritos around so you can scoop up the fallen chili and cheese.
Although I prefer fresh jalapenos, sometimes they aren’t available. That’s when I substitute canned (not pickled) chopped jalapenos. My favorite are fire-roasted. The roasting adds a great sweet charred flavor to any dish.
Also try my creamy mushroom burger.
Chili Crunch Burger
- Place beef in a large bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne and mix well. Form into 8 1/4 pound patties.
- Grill burgers as desired.
- Place cooked patties on bun bottoms.
- Top with cheese, a few tablespoons of the chili, the onion, and jalapeno.
- Add a few corn chips and the bun top and serve (with paper towels!).