Wow, I just had no idea how much we would both love this Mexican charred corn hot dog. It has such a wonderful combination of tastes, from the bite of the onion, to that great sweetness you get from roasted corn, fantastic citrus lime mayonnaise, all served over a grilled all-beef hot dog. Topped with crumbled Cotija cheese! These dogs were an absolute treat!
Mexican charred corn hot dogs are light and refreshing, the perfect dogs for a sunny day. If fresh corn-on-the-cob is no longer available, you can use canned or frozen corn kernels. Pour the kernels out onto a baking sheet and place under the broiler just long enough for them to start to char.
You’ll want to also try my loaded Mexican hot dogs.
Mexican Charred Corn Hot Dog
- 4 ears sweet corn husked
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 all-beef hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crumbled Cotija or feta cheeses
- Chili powder optional
- Fire up your grill.
- Brush the corn with the oil and place over direct heat. Cook until charred on all sides, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the dogs and toast the buns as desired.
- Cut the kernels from the corn. Place in a bowl and stir in the green onions.
- Combine the mayonnaise and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slather hot dog buns with the mayonnaise.
- Top with the dogs.
- Add the corn and green onion mixture.
- Sprinkle with Cotija cheese and chili powder, if using.