Sometimes you just come across a recipe that really hits you as something you absolutely must make immediately. This Churchill Downs butterbean and radish salad was just that for me. I had to make it immediately. But I had to change it up a bit and spiralize the radishes because, well, I love spiral radishes. A little crunch and a hint of citrus and you have a great tasty salad.
This spiralized Churchill Downs butterbean (er, lima bean) and radish salad also travels really well. It’s the perfect salad for a pitch-in, and it’s something different. I bet you haven’t seen too many butterbean salads. Well, I haven’t. Maybe it’s the pitch-ins I go to….
Try my spiralized potato salad with green goddess dressing and my easy spiral zucchini salad too!
Spiralized Churchill Downs Butterbean and Radish Salad
- 1 pound frozen lima beans
- 1/2 pound radish sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 - 2 teaspoons cumin I used a 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the beans and blanch for 3 minutes.
- Transfer beans to an ice bath and let cool for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the beans and radishes.
- Add oil, lemon juice and cumin.
- Combine until well mixed.
- Add parsley and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.