I had been jonesin’ for these peach apricot chile wings from the moment I ran across the original recipe. Not because I’m a big fan of apricots, mind you, but because i knew that the combination of sweet peach and apricot would go perfectly with spicy chile sauce. Heck, I think the sauce even changed my mind about apricots!I cooked these peach apricot chile wings on my Weber charcoal grill using the Vortex insert, which gives me that great crunchy skin and fantastic grilled flavor without a lot of effort. In fact, just about no effort whatsoever.
Usually I toss my wings with sauce after they are cooked, but this time I brushed some of the sauce onto the wings just before removing them from the grill. The sauce ‘set up’ a bit, making for the best sticky yummy wings you could imagine. I also served a bit extra of the sauce on the side for dipping.free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes. Also check out my always-growing list of my favorite store-bought wing sauces.
Peach Apricot Chile Wings
For the wings
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded or saved for making chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Fire-Eater rub or your favorite seasoning
For the glaze and dipping sauce
- 6 ounces peach preserves
- 6 ounces apricot preserves
- 1 cup Thai chili paste such as Sambal Oelek
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
For the wings
- Place wings into a large resealable bag.
- Add the oil.
- Add the seasoning. Seal the bag, and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 hours before cooking.
- Brush wings with sauce just before removing from the grill and serve with additional sauce for dipping.
For the sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.