After making a copycat of the Arch Deluxe burger from McDonald’s, I could not stop jonesin’ for a good version of my all-time favorite fast-food burger, the Quarter Pounder with cheese. Simple but tasty. Sure, I might have cheated a bit and actually made a Third Pounder cheese burger, but hey, that just means I had more yumminess!
It wasn’t until after my teen years that I also became a fan of the Big Mac, which I’ve made at home several times. And now that I think about them, I’m going to have to make them again, and soon. Want an even bigger Big Mac? Try my Big Mac hoagies. Yep, that’s right, all the great flavors of a Big Mac on a big ole hoagie bun. Not into big Big Macs? My Big Mac sliders are perfect for a party.
I like to enjoy a big ole glass of ice-cold homemade Snapple tea with my quarter pounder with cheese.
Copycat Quarter Pounders with Cheese
For the burgers
- 2 1/4 pound burger patties to keep it authentic use pre-made patties from your grocery store
- 2 sesame seed burger patties
- 4 slices American cheese get the deli style, it's a bit thicker and tastier
- Prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons white onion finely chopped
- 4 dill pickle slices
For the burger seasoning (makes enough for several burgers)
- 4 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Accent
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine the seasoning ingredients.
- Season both sides of the patties.
- Cook your patties in a hot skillet or on a griddle.
- Top each patty with a slice of cheese.
- Toast the buns.
- Add the patties to the bun bottoms.
- Squirt 5 little dots of mustard around the patties.
- Do the same with the ketchup.
- Add 1 tablespoon of onion and 2 pickle slices to each patty.
- Top each patty with another slice of cheese.
- Add bun top and serve.