A spiral slicer is a great fun toy, specially when it comes to radishes. I’ve made another radish salad, which I really love. I thought I’d try something different with the big bag of radishes I picked up at the farmer’s market last weekend. Oregano is really what makes this salad fantastic. I used dry, but if you have fresh, substitute 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh oregano for the dried.
This salad holds up well in the fridge so you can easily make it the night before you need to serve it. Just toss it a bit before serving so that the dressing covers the radishes.
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 15-20 large radishes
- In a large bowl, whisk together all but the radishes.
- Rinse the radishes.
- Cut the ends off and make a cut 1/2 way thru the radish, length-wise.
- Insert the radish in tho the slicer.with the largest end toward the blades.
- Slice the radishes and then add to the vinaigrette.
- Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Toss lightly before serving.