I loved grilled fruit. Anita, not so much. Until now. Grilled maple bacon pineapple rings made a believer out of her with the first bite. Sweet lightly charred pineapple, heavenly real maple syrup and smoky bacon. It’s the perfect simple grilled dessert. Or side dish. I mean, I served it as a side dish. Why not?
I bought this really cool pineapple corer from Amazon the other day. I’ve been wanting to use it forever. I picked up a pineapple on sale, got the corer out of the box, and in about a minute I had perfect fresh pineapple rings for these grilled maple bacon pineapple rings. You can also make a pineapple ‘bowl’, great for serving things like fried rice and grilled shrimp with pineapple. Click on the picture below if you want to learn more about it on Amazon. It’s a fun little gadget.
Making dessert on a grill or smoker is fun. Also try my fantastic smoked brownies.
Grilled Maple Bacon Pineapple Rings
- Fresh pineapple rings
- Vegetable oil
- Maple syrup
- Cooked applewood-smoked bacon chopped
- Fire up your grill.
- Lightly brush both sides of the pineapple rings with the vegetable oil.
- Place the pineapple rings onto the grill and grill until you get grill marks.
- Flip carefully and cook the other side until marked.
- Transfer to a platter, drizzle with syrup and sprinkle with bacon crumbles.